Are you unhappy with the current appearance of your smile? Does it leave you feeling less confident? If so, then it’s time to receive a smile overhaul, and porcelain veneers in Carlisle provide the perfect avenue to accomplish that. Continue reading to learn more about how this fast and effective process works. Then, by taking action, you’ll soon have a gorgeous set of teeth and a brand-new outlook on life!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Made from the highest grade of ceramics, porcelain veneers are wafer-thin fixtures that fit directly over your front-facing teeth to mask several of the most common smile flaws. Your cosmetic dentist will start the process by ensuring that you have adequate oral health, and he or she will also carefully assess the current state of your bite. Therefore, you can feel comfortable that you’ve made the right decision when you choose porcelain veneers to rejuvenate your smile.
Here are the typical steps to the procedure:
- For patients with a history of sensitive teeth, a numbing medication may be administered.
- A thin layer of enamel is removed to make room for the veneers to fit naturally into your smile line.
- Bite impressions are taken, and they are used to create a custom smile plan to meet your desires.
- The information is sent to a trusted lab that will fabricate permanent veneers. Meanwhile, you’ll be fitted with a temporary set of veneers to protect your teeth.
- Once the final fixtures are ready, you’ll be invited back to your cosmetic dentist’s office to have them securely placed. If any minor adjustments are needed, they’ll be completed at that time.
You’ll leave your cosmetic dentist’s office feeling like a brand-new person and unafraid to show-off your new smile!
The Right Candidate for Porcelain Veneers
The cautious approach taken to performing the porcelain veneers procedure provides an added level of quality assurance. Thus, your cosmetic dentist will examine you prior to starting the process to assess the condition of your gums and teeth. Therefore, any flare-ups that could compromise your oral health and your new appearance can be addressed swiftly and effectively.
Porcelain veneers are excellent for patients with minor crookedness, crowding, misalignment or teeth stains. My masking the imperfections, they elevate smiles to new horizons!
Caring for Porcelain Veneers
With adequate care, a set of porcelain veneers can last up to 15 years. Therefore, the maintenance of excellent oral hygiene is critical. It should include brushing and flossing your teeth at least two times a day to rid your mouth of harmful bacteria.
Then, by visiting your dentist every six months for cleanings and examinations, you’ll have even more fortification to protect your beautiful new smile for years to come!
About the Author
Dr. Thoman Neslund earned his dental degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. He has since gone on to provide nearly three decades of top-notch dental care. Dr. Neslund creates smiles that dazzle at Carlisle Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, and he can be reached for more information through his website.