What are some things that can turn a good day upside down? A fender bender is one. Bombing an interview may be another. But nothing tops this one: a constant, pounding toothache that just won’t quit! If you’ve ever had a toothache in the past, you know what we’re talking about.
The good news about toothaches is that you don’t have to conquer them alone—at least not when you have an excellent dentist in Boiling Springs on your team! Learn more about toothaches and how to quickly address them in this week’s blog post.
Although They’re a Pain, Toothaches Are There for a Reason!
It’s unfortunate if you have had to or are currently facing dental pain, but that’s one of the ways that your body communicates with you. You should never ignore discomfort from your toothache! It could be your mouth’s way of telling you that one of these problems are affecting your smile:
- Tooth decay or abscessed teeth can cause pain from the deeply set infection.
- Sensitive teeth can come from abnormal wear and tear of the enamel layer of your tooth.
- Damaged dental fillings can leave the decayed area of your tooth vulnerable to stimuli in your mouth, causing dental pain.
- Fractured teeth can cause serious dental pain from the trauma to your mouth.
- Growing wisdom teeth also cause toothaches, but they are typically from cutting the gums and swelling, not infection.
Don’t Deal with Toothaches Alone!
Many people think that toothaches are just annoying and uncomfortable, but the reality is that you could suffer from serious health issues—even death—if your tooth infected or you have another condition.
Visiting your Boiling Springs dentist is critical to finding out the cause of your toothache early on—it can also save you time, money, and discomfort! Our local dental practice has the tools, resources, and highly-trained expertise to help you relieve your pain and repair your smile in the quickest way possible.
If you’re experiencing a toothache, this is what you can expect when you visit our office:
- Helpful advice over the phone on how to handle your toothache until you have your scheduled appointment with us. If it’s an emergency, we will do our best to schedule your appointment right away.
- Once you’re in the practice, you’ll receive a meticulous checkup that includes dental x-rays to see what is happening below the gum line.
- Your dentist will discuss their findings, causes of your tooth pain, and suggest the best ways to remedy your smile.
- A personalized dental treatment plan that fits your lifestyle, budget, and will address your concern in a timely manner.
If you’re experiencing dental pain that just won’t quit, it’s time to call our office!
About Our Office
Here at Carlisle Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we want you to know that you have a dental team that you can rely on—especially when you need us the most! Learn more about how we can help you repair your smile’s health by giving us a quick call today.